Paramount + will stream “Star Trek Day” live in September
Paramount + will boldly go where few events of Star Trekhave never happened before. The streamer invites fans from around the world to join a special live streaming celebration of the “Star Trek Day”Wednesday September 8 at 17:30 pm, PT / 20:30 pm, ET. Held live from the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles, the event will be hosted by Wil Wheaton and Mica Burton and will feature back-to-back in-person conversations with cast members and creative minds of the Star Trek Universe, historical moments with an iconic cast ”, as well as surprise appearances and announcements during the entire event.
The global live streaming event will feature over two hours of free live streaming panel and programming that will see the meeting of "iconic cast members and creative minds from 10 Star Trek television series ”, as they come together in person to celebrate 55 years of Star Trek.
Jeff Russo, the composer of the main themes for Star Trek: Discovery e Star Trek: Picard, will be at the helm of the Star Trek Day stage with a live orchestra, performing Star Trek music throughout the evening.
The following panels will include the cast and creatives of the iconic "Star Trek" television series:
- Star Trek: Prodigy, with the vocal cast of the series including Brett Gray and Dee Bradley Baker, along with executive producers Kevin and Dan Hageman, and co-executive producer / director, Ben Hibon.
- Star Trek: Discovery, with series stars Wilson Cruz, Blu del Barrio and Ian Alexander, and co-showrunner and executive producer Michelle Paradise.
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, with series stars Anson Mount, Rebecca Romijn and Ethan Peck, joined by co-showrunners and executive producers Akiva Goldsman and Henry Alonso Myers.
- Star Trek: Lower Decks, with vocal cast members Noël Wells and Eugene Cordero along with series creator, showrunner and executive producer Mike McMahan.
- Star Trek: Picard, featuring series stars Patrick Stewart and Jeri Ryan, co-showrunner and executive producer Akiva Goldsman, and a special live performance of Isa Briones, singing "Blue Skies," which was premiered in Picard finale of the first season.
- Roddenberry Legacy Panel, in conversation with Gene Roddenberry's son and Roddenberry Entertainment CEO Rod Roddenberry, along with Gates McFadden (Star Trek: The Next Generation), LeVar Burton (Star Trek: The Next Generation) and George Takei (Star Trek: the original series), while discussing the Star Trek the indelible impact of the creator on science fiction and culture.
The “legacy moments” will feature the following iconic ones Star Trek cast members:
- Cirroc Lofton from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Anthony Montgomery from Star Trek: Enterprise
- Garrett Wang of Star Trek: Voyager
- George Takei of Star Trek: the original series
- LeVar Burton from Star Trek: The Next Generation
The #StarTrekUnitedGives campaign will also return on September 8, and fans can also use the code “STARTREKDAY20” for a 20% discount on merchandising on StarTrek.com. More information on Star Trek Day programming and initiatives can be found on event website.
Here is the trailer of the big event: