Garden Story receives patch 1.0.4, coming to Switch
Garden Story, an adorable role-playing game with a protagonist who is a grape, was released as a surprise during the Nintendo Indie World showcase last week and has won everyone's hearts ever since.
It has some minor issues that players have been experiencing, but the patches are rolled out quickly, including patch 1.0.4, which adds the following fixes:
- Unobtainable items have been removed, allowing the library and dowsing rod upgrade to complete.
- Fixed bug where Pagu's favor could override the divining rod quest step
- Fixed a bug where completing the favor could clear building plots
- Fixed bug where roller boots could interrupt dowsing mini-games
- Fixed various visual bugs
- Fixed issue with Waterlog puzzle gate collisions
- Added consistency to the name of the "Bloom Bank" area
- Small audio adjustments
On August 13, patch 1.0.3 also added some fixes:
- Steam Screenshot feature enabled (press F12 and share your shots with the world!)
- Fixed sequence interruption and soft block where Concord could avoid bridge repair in the Frog tutorial.
- Fixed sequence interruption where Concord could slip past the Waterlog guards.
- Added visual indicator for where to activate the end game sequence. Other possible sequence problems in this area are currently being explored.
- Fixed soft block where Concord could get trapped in mists
- Added item names to the village chest.
- Cube Coast is now correctly labeled on the map.
- Credits updated.
There is also a glitch involving players not being able to trigger the endgame sequence, which the developers are currently working on.
The version on the Switch is currently 1.0.1, which is the launch version; 1.0.4 will be submitted for certification on the Switch soon.