What a babysitter this mummy! the 2001 animated series
What a babysitter this mummy is a Franco-German animated series from 2001. The series was produced on behalf of France 2 and Super RTL. The series is about a resurrected Egyptian mummy who works as a nanny.
In ancient Egypt, the talented young sorceress Nil accidentally steals the shadow of Trist-O-Tis, a friend of her uncle and teacher Atonkelton. In shame, he hides in an empty pyramid, where he recites a spell on a wall and transforms himself into a mummy, who hides a treasure map in his bandages and resurrects if someone were to open his sarcophagus.
5000 years later, the Nils sarcophagus is found and brought to Europe. There the strange couple Quiproquo (Wunderlich) is looking for an au pair for their two children Alex and Samanta. When they want to pick up the fierce and stern new nanny at the airport, the children find Nil's sarcophagus and bring her back to life so they mistake Nil as the neat nanny and take her home with them. In the house of the Quiproquo (Wunderlich), the 5.000-year-old mummy turns family life upside down. Catastroficus e Calamarus, who can go through a time portal, and fool Boss-A-Nova with his henchmen Granchius e Heidi, who are in search of the mummy's treasure map, cause further problems.
- Nil is a 5000 year old mummy who was brought back to life by ancient magic and now works as a housekeeper and nanny for the family Quiproquo. It has magical powers, but they always backfire. His antiquated lifestyle and lack of understanding of technology are still not noticed. A treasure map is hidden in her bandages, which she herself does not know. Nor does she know she is being hunted by Catastroficus and his henchmen.
- Alex Quiproquo he is the son of the Wunderlichs, brother of Samanta and probably the smartest person in the house. Unlike his parents, he sees everything. He knows Nile's secret and stands behind her.
- Samanta Quiproquo she is the daughter in the house and sister of Alex. She loves video games and girl things. He also knows Nile's secret, but he is against magic. He is also very enthusiastic about TV presenter Arnold.
- Julius Quiproquo he is the father of Alex and Samanta and a talented writer. As he constantly tries to get used to his characters in a novel, he is extremely out of this world and never realizes what is happening around him. He does not know Nile's secret and does not even notice it.
- Dorothea Quiproquo she is the mother of Alex and Samanta and has a doctorate in chemistry and biology. She doesn't know Nil's secret either and otherwise prefers to be busy with her experiments than with anything else. A racing gag is their extremely dangerous driving style.
- Catastroficus it's a boss of a gang that wants to grab the Quiproquo mummy to reach the treasure map in the bandages. With his henchmen Granchius e Heidi, he constantly tries to break into the Quiproquo house to take the mummy, because he believes the Quiproquos know this and are criminals themselves. He doesn't know the mummy is Nile.
- Pyramidis e Kemunson are the ex teachers of magic of the Nile. Kemunson he is severely depressed since losing his shadow and blames his granddaughter for Pyramidis, Nil. Pyramidis, on the other hand, includes the Nile. Both can enter the present through a time portal as soon as someone in the future pronounces the name of the immortal pharaoh (or the request to sit down, 'Sit down!').
- Arnold he is the extremely stupid and greedy host of local television. He is the most gifted man and is loved by all women. He is always there to report on the things the Quiproquos are involved in.
Original title Momie au pair
Original language French
Studio France 2
1st TV 2001
Episodes 26 (complete)
Episode duration 24 min
Italian network Italia 1
1st TV Italian 2000